[78-L] Alvino Rey and The Kings

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 19:08:58 PDT 2010

The first copy of "Hangover Square" I had was pressed on shellac and had the black label.Same for the
Cootie Williams recording of "Cherry Red".It was recorded in early 1944.That particular recording was
also issued on Hit which I've understood to be another one of Oberstein's labels.When was Elite formed?