[78-L] Vogue picture record

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 03:33:01 PDT 2010

eugene hayhoe wrote:
I was stunned when I first heard he & the Bryant brothers romp through
The Best Things in Life Are Free (recorded c. 1959/60) what exuberance &
control of the horn!
I haven't heard that particular track, but was getting dismayed at that
time when Charlie started recording "concept" and "muted jazz" 12-track
quick run-through albums a la Jonah Jones and Tyree Glenn. I never went
for them; perhaps I'm missing something.

Some of his later work that I do like is with Hal Singer and Coleman
Hawkins (Prestige).

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5046 (20100421) __________

http://www.eset.com