[78-L] Dolores O’Neil

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 17:26:18 PDT 2010

As for "With the Wind and the Rain(In Your Hair)was concerned,I used that Chester recording as part of my musical "reference books".What grabbed me was the intro and the way the arranger used
what sounded like a dominant seventh with an augmented ninth chord.I thought it was great.I learned
more about chord changes from that record.That was the one thing that many of my generation missed
regarding that kind of music.In 1970,when I discovered that particular recording,if you weren't listeni-
ng to rock(as in the so called British Invasion)then it wasn't music.I felt that I had moved beyond rock
and there were many rock composers who had nothing to say to me musically with the possible exce-
ption of George Harrison whose work I did like.