[78-L] Murder, he wrote! ^

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Mon Apr 19 17:03:38 PDT 2010

When I was working for The New York Mirror in the late Fifties after
getting out of college, I used to venture into the Wire Room to see
what the latest news was. One time there was news from Las Vegas of a
potentially sensational crime: A body had been found in the desert
outside the city. A first follow reported a second body had been found,
then a third that reported yet two more bodies had been found, making a
total of four bodies. The last item said to cancel the story; no bodies
had been found!