[78-L] Hollywood Star records

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Apr 18 20:15:18 PDT 2010

From: "Han Enderman" <jcenderman at solcon.nl>
> Several Hollywood Star 8" records were sold on ebay ca. Nov 2008.
> These included pictures of:
> Barry Sullivan
> Bill Lundigan
> Carole Landis
> Edward Ryan
> Ella Raines
> Eve Arden
> John Wayne
> Jules A. Diamant, National Sales Manager (holding a record); promo?
> Michael Noret [?]
> There also was a "demonstration record" with the heads of 6 stars on the
> picture side
> (I cannot read the names of the stars).
> There also is a John Wayne record.
> The sleeves state: A 'talking picture' of [star name].
> Sleeves of Ryan/Arden are similar (with herald; only differing by name of
> the Star),
> but Wayne has different lay-out (reddish with stars and name within large
> star).
> All state: IT'S NEW!
>
> Ebay 380217249718 shows the Landis item, just sold for $55,
> but in 2008 this record sold for $338 and Arden for $149.

Proof of the old cliche..."There's a sucker born every minute"...?! Sadly,
here
in the XXI Jahrhundert, the basic urge of all too many folks is to become
EXTREMELY rich, and thus get famous and acquire an extremely attractive
and thus impressive sexual partner...?! I suppose I could offer my "Okie"
label 78...which may well be the last extant example...on eWotsit with a
minimum bid of $1,000,000.00...?! Worse yet. the above recors may well
exist in identifiably-different versions (collecting hobbies draw from the
detailed analysis of coin collecting!!)...meaning that our "ultimate
collector" wants both the original issue, with the artist credit starting
with a capital letter...and the later issue, with that credit entirely in
lower-case...?!

SCROOM!!

Steven C. Barr