[78-L] Hollywood Star records

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Sun Apr 18 06:27:39 PDT 2010

Several Hollywood Star 8" records were sold on ebay ca. Nov 2008.
These included pictures of:
Barry Sullivan
Bill Lundigan
Carole Landis
Edward Ryan
Ella Raines
Eve Arden
John Wayne
Jules A. Diamant, National Sales Manager (holding a record); promo?
Michael Noret [?]

There also was a "demonstration record" with the heads of 6 stars on the picture side
(I cannot read the names of the stars).
There also is a John Wayne record.
The sleeves state: A 'talking picture' of [star name].
Sleeves of Ryan/Arden are similar (with herald; only differing by name of the Star),
but Wayne has different lay-out (reddish with stars and name within large star).
All state: IT'S NEW!

Ebay 380217249718 shows the Landis item, just sold for $55,
but in 2008 this record sold for $338 and Arden for $149.

Han Enderman
===
>>> I'm looking for information and or a discography for a late 1940s label. HOLLYWOOD STAR RECORDS. The Voice Of The Stars. These 8 inch discs were made in the same way the label HIT OF THE WEEK records were made. Laminated cardboard 8 inch picture discs. They do not have record numbers and were available through mail order.
My Bing or Google search told me very little. The two I have picture the famous star and the grooves have the star talking. Pictures are available if one wishes. Just request a picture from phil at rarerecords.com. If anyone in this group knows any more about this obscure label post it for us. THX   Phil
<<<