[78-L] Kathleen Lane

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 18 00:05:30 PDT 2010

You're correct.I once had the early to mid '50s album of "Bunny Berigan Plays Again" which,as I'm sure you know,was a 10" LP.It  was the silver label RCA "Collector's Se-
ries".I didn't have the jacket to that album.I found it at a junk store some 30 years or more ago.Has anyone ever done a musical biography on Dolores O'Neill?I passed on a
couple of Bob Chester Bluesbirds with Kitty Lane just to acquire the O'Neill stuff.Lookswise,O'Neill was kind of hot herself.I once saw a picture George T. Simon reprinted
of her in his book "The Big Bands".The one picture I saw of Lane just showed her getting on the bus with Glenn Miller's band.According to Simon,she later went to work for
Isham Jones who was another  favourite bandleader of mine.I had a very battered copy of "More Than Ever" circa 1937 or '38 which I used to do as a tenor sax piece.It was
on the old blue and gold Vocalion "striped" label which ran vertical from the top to the bottom.