[78-L] Vogue picture record

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Apr 16 21:08:17 PDT 2010

From: "Jim Whipkey" <suuford at msn.com>
>  Ah, the country auctions, I love 'em.  Went to one last night, got a
> stack of old records, pig in a poke bidding and found  4 Vogue picture
> records,  all by Art Mooney. Do not recall  if I've ever seen any, but
> found a great web site  explaining  them,  only made in 1946 and 1947.
> These are really neat,  beautiful  quality pictures on the records, sound
> quality is  great.  Search of E-Bay  has duplicates of some of my four  at
> what I regard as  unbelievably high prices, not sold, just  minimum
> opening bids.   Anyone think  these are worth  up to $200.00 apiece or
> more?

Usual price for Vogues used to be $35...which I thought was WAY too
much...?! My Vogue
cost me 75 cents about 35 years ago; I also own one of the Vogue-based
Mercury promo
records, bought for $9 & change from a mail-based auction list!

Record collecting should be about the CONTENTS and not the monetary
value...?!
Sadly, we are entering an age which is governed by "Lombardi's Law"..."Money
isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing!!"

Steven C. Barr