[78-L] Mystery Tenor

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 16 15:12:45 PDT 2010

Legit..Peerce recorded quite a few sides for Oberstein, who may have known him from when he was Pinky Pearl on Crown. Those sides have a "transcription" sound to them in some cases and Vesti La Giubba was reissued on 45 transferred from a very noisy 33rpm lacquer, so we know Obie was recording and dubbing from 33RPM originals (I have two very different issues of "She Had to Go and Lose It at the Astor", running at different speeds, both from the same source).

dl