[78-L] Kathleen Lane

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Fri Apr 16 08:04:06 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "RAY KILCOYNE" <kil at roadrunner.com>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 5:40 AM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Kathleen Lane

> From: "Taylor Bowie" >
>> Kathleen Lane has long been a favorite band vocalist of mine.  I have her
>> with Berigan,  Barnet and Chester...did she record with others,  or
>> continue
>> her recording/musical career much into the 40s or later?  She's one of
>> the
>> ones I've found nothing about in the history books or on line.
>>
>> Any more info about her much appreciated.
>>
> There's a little more on her from Wikipedia if you trust it.  It's true,
> she
> did sing with Glenn Miller, confirmed in George T. Simon's Big Band book.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Lane
> RayK

The scrumptious Kitty Lane made some fine sides with Glenn Miller's first
band in 1937.
"My Fine Feathered Friend"  Br 8034
"Doin' The Jive"  Br 8052
"Silhouetted In The Moonlight" Br 8034
"Every Day's A Holiday" Br 8041
"Sweet Stranger" Br 8041
She was a very fine band singer and one of my very favorites in that august
group of "white goddesses."
(Thank you Will Friedwald for that very apt appelation from his excellent
book "Jazz Singing")

Al Simmons