[78-L] Whoopie Boop

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Apr 15 19:24:29 PDT 2010

From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
>> Proof that a good seller/promoter can get VERY rich selling stuff
>> on digital lists (unless terminally honest, one supposes...?!)!
>> Steven C. Barr
> My inference here is that the poster imagines there is something
> "dishonest"
> about an auction where the bidders are participating of their own free
> will
> and the seller has not misrepresented the material.
> Or perhaps the intent of the poster is to say that anyone who gets rich
> via
> the buying and selling of records could not possibly be honest.
> Or...and this is my bet...perhaps his post is just another example of what
> the poster himself might call  "XXI-Jahrhundert idiocy."

The latter, in reality! The seller, by suggesting that Helen Kane's style
was
inspired by and relates to the comics-page heroine "Betty Boop" (most
likely vive versa, if true at all...?!), he is either (1) a firm believer in
that
dubious fact...(2) fully aware that this claim will increase both the value
of the NON-rare 78 and the likelihood of its sale to ignorant-of-the-
facts buyers...or BOTH!

Thus, the seller isn't really lying...he is simply stretching the facts in a
way favourable to his interests (either intentionally or through his
ignorance?!)...!

Steven C. Barr