[78-L] Bob Chester and KathleenLane

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 13:38:00 PDT 2010

Did Kitty Lane join Bob Chester in 1939?I know  she was with Bunny Berigan from November of 1938
until mid March of '39 but I was under the impression that Dolores O'Neill was still with the band.I don't
place Kitty Lane with Chester until 1941.O'Neill's recordings of "With the Wind and the Rain in Your
Hair","We Three(My Echo,My Shadow and Me)" date from 1940.I have several other original Chester
Bluebirds from that era and the catalogue numbers which are in the B-104XXX seem to date from 1940.
The Bluebirds I do have from 1941-12 era are in the B-11XXX series.I saw a Bob Chester 78 once
with a Lane vocal but as O'Neill totally knocked me out when I first heard her back in 1970(from the RCA/Reader's Digest set "The Great Band Era"-it was the aforementioned "With the Wind and the Rain
in Your Hair").I dug Lane as well.The only other record I have of  Lane is "Sweet Stranger" which she did
for Glenn Miller on Brunswick.It's the only Miller record I have of Miller on that label.