[78-L] (no subject)

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Wed Apr 14 11:10:37 PDT 2010

Julian Vein comments: “Perhaps it would add more poignancy to the
project to focus on those who
died through self-destruction and self-indulgence, rather than through
ill-health or accident.  Having said that, musicians have died in road
accidents that were often as the result of travelling to and from gigs.
Ayler and Morgan, it seems, died as a result of certain actions they, or
someone close to them, had taken in their lives.”

Yes, some, of the musicians on the film list died from accidents or
health problems. If I remember correctly, a physician who lived in
Virginia who was a member of the IAJRC wrote a book about the health
problems of specific musicians and what illnesses they died from.  It
may have been published as much as 15 years ago. I don’t recall the
book’s title or the author’s name.