[78-L] Mischa Elman on Family Guy

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 14 06:31:09 PDT 2010

> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:49:50 -0400
> From: mbiel at mbiel.com
> To: 78-l at klickitat.78online.com
> Subject: Re: [78-L] Mischa Elman on Family Guy
>
> David Lennick wrote:
> > Well, the subject line said it all..
>
> No it doesn't. Doesn't say a damn thing. Explain what it was about.
> > did anyone catch it the other night?
> >
> > dl
> >

> Apparently not.

The show dealt with the impending End Of The World, including a brief history of civilization. "The First Television Program" showed a few seconds of Elman (playing a gavotte by Popper or Gossec, I forget), probably from a Vitaphone short. It was followed by a balop reading "Stay Tuned For 80 Years Of Crap".