[78-L] of Oberstein and Kapp

david.diehl at hensteeth.com david.diehl at hensteeth.com
Sat Apr 10 10:53:39 PDT 2010

There is a very fictionalized (bordering on delusional) bio titled "The Man with the Golden Ear" in the always-reliable Saga Magazine of Jan 1960.
 Here's a quote for you: "The only way a man like Oberstein could possibly survive with such hlgh-handed methods was to be right 100 per cent of the time. That, of course, is practically impossible, but accomplishing the impossible is one of his talents. In the issues which arose between him and artists, diligent research fails to turn up even one instance where results proved Eli wrong and the artist right."
DJD

Visit the Blue Pages: the Encyclopedic Guide to 78 RPM Party Records
http://www.hensteeth.com