[78-L] Dept of meaningless lyrics?

Bill McClung bmcclung78 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 09:15:42 PDT 2010

But in the song it may be saying a couple of different things.

The lyric is "Remember that rainy evening I threw you out with nothing but a
fine tooth comb."

One is that he got thrown out with nothing but the comb in his pocket.

Another is that he was a dandy that liked expensive things.  A fine tooth
comb costs more than a regular comb and he had it because he liked to keep
himself groomed.