[78-L] Casals/Bach

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Fri Apr 9 19:13:59 PDT 2010

Not quite. I discovered that, in trying to figure out what a single
bidder has posted as his high bid, that each time I increase the amount
I am willing to bid it counts as one of the bids.
For instance, bidder A decides that that Francis Craig on Bullett
starting at $3.00 is so rare and in such fine condition he's bid $200.01
for it. Bidder number 2 says, "HOH! I must have it!" and bids $3.51,
unaware that bidder A has the high bid. ePay promptly comes back and
says bidder 2 has been outbid, that he should no be prepared to bid
$4.01 for the pleasure of listening to Ms. Craig do her thang. Being
expansive, he bids $5.02. eBay jack's the price up to $5.52. At this
point bidder 2 says, "Hah! Just what is this fershlugginer bidder A up
to?" and bids $50.00. eBay calmly says, No deal," and tells him to bid
more than $50.50. So, we're nowe up to 4 bids and there are only two
bidders.
You can see where this is going, no? Yes! Bidder A takes it for $200.01
because bidder B, disgusted and depressed, has just drawn and quartered
himself. Quite a trick, that.
So it could just be two people.
Mal

*******