[78-L] VJM article: British Jazz Albums of the 1930s and 1940s

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Apr 9 08:31:31 PDT 2010

Han Enderman wrote:

> A SUGGESTED LIST

> Crosby (Bob) Album No. 3 : Decca F7592 to F7595 incl.

Now that I have seen the original VJM article, it answers my Bob Crosby
question that there were three albums, and the article specifically
states  that they did not duplicate the American Decca album with this
title, #32  plus a second American album of his that came out in 1940,
Dixieland Jazz  #142.   The article also discusses  some of the albums
and discs that remained in print even into the 50s, and which were
master pressings and which were dubs.  There are some records they
discuss that were master pressings in England but dubs in the U.S.   And
some of these things are rare even in England, and the author thanks
Morris Humphery of Diskery in Birmingham England for some of the rare
albums discussed.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com