[78-L] Chick Bullock [ Dick Robertson [was Brunswick 4411

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Thu Apr 8 07:03:57 PDT 2010

Julian Vein says: “I have over 700 Bullock vocals on 78, plus LP and
CD.”

That’s a huge amount of Bullock sides! I, too, have the Berigan Epic LP
“Take It, Bunny” and was annoyed by the fact the Bullock vocals had
been cut. I already had several of the 78s so I knew who Bullock was
and what he sounded like. Like anybody with a jazz interest, what I
especially like about Bullock recordings are the accompaniments.
Another studio singer I like who has not yet been mentioned is Tempo
King. He, too, had fine backup bands. I have most of his Bluebirds,
some of his Vocalions, and one CD.