[78-L] Don't all rush.. [FWD]^

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Wed Apr 7 11:55:16 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Harkin" <xxm.harkin at yahoo.com>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 3:43 AM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Don't all rush.. [FWD]^

--- On Tue, 4/6/10, Michael Biel <mbiel at mbiel.com> wrote:

Since India was a British colony until 1948 and both the U.S. and
England still have a major influence there, English is widely spoken.
In fact, there are many everyday phrases in English which are part of
the spoken languages there. If you watch any Bollywood movie you will
hear many English phrases.

Mike Biel mbiel at mbiel.com

Besides which, it is usually the only language that speakers of the many
indigenous lanuages have in common.

Mike in Plovdiv
And it is, needless to say, the language of 85% of technical support persons
for major computer and software mfrs.
They do indeed have many phrases that are part of our every day spoken
language although they execute with a difficult to penetrate accent.(in my
case).
The favorite is..."I'm going to put you on hold"
They seldom return.
The music is lousy too....indigenous or not.

Al Simmons