[78-L] Brunswick 4411 vocalist question.

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Apr 7 10:59:31 PDT 2010

Taylor Bowie wrote:
> It certainly is "unusual."  I think it's a man trying to sound like a
> hot-to-trot woman.  My first guess was Dick Robertson but on second play I
> don't think so.   But I'm 99.9% sure it's a man.
>

> Taylor
I'm 100.01% sure it's Dick Robertson. My wallet tells me so! I can't
think of any other singer, male or female, who could sing that
perfectly. I think the 2nd, "boop-a-doop" vocal might confuse though.
Oddly enough I played Dick Robertson's vocal on Louis Katzman's "Beale
Street Blues" to someone and he thought it was an English female singer...

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5008 (20100407) __________

http://www.eset.com