[78-L] Whiteman's "Sweet Sue"

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 6 21:48:16 PDT 2010

And mny albums aren't here yet and my books are, but the SHELVES aren't. The disc I played this evening was definitely take 1 and it was definitely different from the ten-inch dub, which I've known for decades. (The dub also exists in complete form with a different matrix number on all post-1941 pressings, which confused me mightily when I read George Avakian's note about "dropping the florid introduction" since the side ran 4:20.)

dl