[78-L] Happy Lewis - Dregnet

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 6 20:27:35 PDT 2010

Fyvush Finkel did a session for Apollo in the 40s. That's as much as I know as well..I also saw him sing one of those songs (Ich Bin a Boarder Bei Mein Weib) on a PBS special on Yiddish humor in the mid 90s. Come to think of it, I put that recording on a compilation for either Intersound or a related label.

Finkel is still alive and working..he's in the first scene in the recent film "A Serious Man" (Coen Brothers).

dl