[78-L] National Records

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 19:55:14 PDT 2010

I love it.What can you guys tell me about the 78s Herb Jefferies did for the Exclusive label?I have a 78 of
him doing "Basin Street Blues" which had an alternate set of lyrics as did the other side which was "These
Foolish Things" which also had an alternate set of lyrics.I somehow connect them with a company called
H & R.A drummer friend of mine named Nick Pelico claimed to have cut an album for them.He ws in the
Hollywood studios for years and his main claim to fame was that Bobby Hackett was a childhood friend
of his along with a long since forgotten tenor player named Bernie Billings and some other guy.