[78-L] National Records

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 13:46:50 PDT 2010

I have Charlie Ventura's 'Pina colada' on a vinyl National 78....rather
hazy, smoky looking vinyl.  I concur some of the Nationals I have are among
the most poorly-pressed 78s I have.  Do any of you have Ventura's 'Baby,
baby, all the time' on National?  My dad's copy is the worst in that
apparently when the metal was separated from the lacquer, the metal was
stretched as it was peeled away, so it's eccentric but not in the usual
off-centre sense--the wowing is twice per revolution!