[78-L] National Records

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Apr 5 13:10:37 PDT 2010

Ok,  I have to chime in in defense of the uber-commercial side of Mr. B.

I think his MGM record of "I Apologize" with the big Pete Rugolo orch behind
him is one of the great vocal records of all time.  Every time I hear that
oboe intro I get ready for a real treat!!

No comment on Mr. B rolled collars as I usually wear t shirts....

Aren't some of the Nationals pressed on some sort of vinyl...I seem to
recall that I have one or two like that,  in addition to the ones pressed on
the usual combination of metal shavings and dirt.