[78-L] New acquisitions to me

RAY KILCOYNE kil at roadrunner.com
Thu Apr 1 18:25:50 PDT 2010

Jim Whipkey wrote,
>> Pretty eclectic bunch,  including some duplicates for me, I.e.  Doris Day
>> with Secret Love,  Clooney with This old House and Teresa Brewer singing
>> Grizzly Bear.
>>
> Just saw Calamity Jane on TV a few months ago.  Deadwood Stage should be
> the flip of Secret Love.  Mitch Miller forced Rosie to make the biggest
> hit of her career.  Don't know Bear -- probably post London, on Coral.
>
> Mike Biel

GRIZZLY BEAR was the B side of a 1950 London single with the All Stars, a
Dixieland type backing group.  MOLASSES MOLASSES was the A side, a cute
novelty also recorded by Beatrice Kay.
THIS OLE HOUSE was also the B side, with HEY THERE on the flip.  Both sises
separately made it to #1 on Billboard.
RayK