[78-L] Lee Wiley jilts one guy to marry Jess Stacy

Geoffrey Wheeler dialjazz at verizon.net
Thu Apr 1 14:57:55 PDT 2010

Jeff Sultanoff asks: “That's a book I will be very interested in
buying. No one knew more about
Berigan than Bozy White.”

I don’t know the name of the publisher or even if a name has been
decided on yet, My understanding is this is a private job, not through
an established book publisher. Although IAJRC members have been
involvled, this does not bear the IAJRC imprematur. I forgot to mention
the book will be in two volumes. The book has been delayed for about
three years because a relative of Bozy’s only recently agreed to
finally sign off on permitting the text to be printed. Prior to this
she had not responded to phone calls, mail, or attempts to contact her
in person. This is yet another example of estate problems that can crop
up to complicate or nullify the release of a work that would benefit
interested parties and the author or artist. A biography of drummer
Louis Bellson has ground to a halt for these very reasons. Sometimes
misguided widows think they’re protecting the interests of their
deceased spouses when, in fact, they are denying additions to their
legacies.