[78-L] More from the Eb*y Stupid File....

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Mar 29 23:04:15 PDT 2010

I've been meaning to say something about this.  Paul Mawhinny is no
yokel.  He is a well known and very knowledgable collector, researcher,
and dealer.  He also was not seeking $28.5 million, it was more like
$2.85 million -- actually really about $2.0 million.

>> Sh-h-h. Th Easter Bunny is bringing them to YOUR house via FedEx
>> collect.

It would be more like Elijah bringing them!

Steven C. Barr wrote:
> The problem with my suddenly obtaining 3,000,000 records (78 pm) is
> that I would then have to find just over 22,000 milk boxes...?! Of course,
> I might be able to buy them from a manufacturer, given the size of my
> order...?!
>
> Steven C. Barr

While your milk boxes are famous, I can't believe that they are even
your PREFERRED method of storage.  If Paul's collection came with all
the shelving -- and that was one of the offers -- you would turn down
the shelving and use milk boxes??????!!!!!!

But actually, more than half of the collection was 45s.  Maybe only 15%
were 78s.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com