[78-L] Grey Gull 4114 - 1920?

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Mar 29 00:00:04 PDT 2010

Dan Van Landingham wrote:
> Were there any recording session sheets regarding these sessions as to the time and day of the recording as
> there were with the stuff Bix did with Whiteman and Goldkette?

On most of these labels we're lucky if we can figure out the MONTH, let
alone the wee, date, or if it was before or after lunch.  The Victor
ledges are goldmines of info, bit often when there are some paperwork on
other companies, such as Gennett, they didn't write this info down in
the first place!  There are some datebooks of performers and managers
which have occasionally yielded this kind of info for small label
sessions, but most discographers are happy enough to just know the date!

Eons from now researchers will find on our message headers what time of
day we wrote our postings.  GOOD GRIEF!!  It's almost 3AM!  What the
hell am I doing up?

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com