[78-L] More from the Eb*y Stupid File....

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 28 08:24:29 PDT 2010

At 15:13 28/03/2010, Geoffrey Wheeler u wrote:
>John Tefteller has claimed he paid in the high range you quote for
>blues 78s. Reportedly, King Oliver's "Zulus Ball/Working Man Blues"
>when it was last sold went for $40,000. A collector friend told me he
>sold three Tommy Johnson Victors for $12,000, so there are high prices
>being paid for 78s but perhaps not on e-bay but in private
>transactions.

And this is where I have a problem. Are people who pay that sort of
prices equally as off the wall as those asking such prices. And we as
collectors go along with it because if collector X, who is a maven
about such things, says it the greatest thing since sliced bread and
God's greatest creation then it must be. To that I say -- phoo!