[78-L] More from the Eb*y Stupid File....

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 28 07:59:16 PDT 2010

Just a quick look at the current list of completed listings on eBay
shows the highest price on sold record to be US$13 thousand (give or
take a few buck due to currency fluctuation) for a gold and black
label Parlophone stereo copy of the Beatles' Please Please Me. There
is also an unsold completed listing, actually two, for a red and
silver label Parlophone 45 of Love Me Do , which didn't meet the
reserve or catch the buy it now of US$30k although bid of US$16k came
in -- and this item is autographed.

In the realm of 78s all I see is Jim Thompkins and Speckled Red on
Brunswick 7200 -- Thompkins side is Bedside Blues and Speckled Red
side is We Got to Get that Thing Fixed -- and it went for US$2,225.

So -- what makes the Messiah guy thing that his stuff is worth so
much more than either of these.

Personally -- I find the Beatles items to be far interesting than the
Thompkins/ Red disk, and infinitely more interesting than the Robert
Johnson ARC disks referred to by Steven Barr (which I see as totally
boring) -- but even then not worth near the value placed.