[78-L] my first Monarch

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Mar 26 16:19:00 PDT 2010

George Anglin wrote:
> I have several monarchs and curious as to their actual dates. My favorites are Dan W. Quinn doing "GENERAL HARD TACK" Nr. 2667, and Him doing " BILL BAILEY, WON'T YOU PLEASE COME HOME Nr. 1411. I think Bill Bailey is 1902 and Hard Tack is 1904. Am I right? They are scarce now although I found mine over 50 years ago at thrift stores in Tucson Ariz. Thanks. George Anglin

All of the Victor info is being made available at
http://victor.library.ucsb.edu/index.php  The Encyclopedic Discography
of Victor Recordings.
In order to date them you need to note the take number.  For example,
1411 takes 1 and 2 were recorded May 23, 1902 but take 6 were recorded
June 25, 1903.  2667 seems to be just one take recorded January 14, 1904
on matrix number B-923.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com