[78-L] Somebody's color blind..

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Mar 22 20:56:48 PDT 2010

Steven C. Barr wrote:
> From: <neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com>
>
>> Were the early silver letter black label Columbias laminated?
>>

> No. Laminated Columbias seem to start c.1913, and were promoted
> as "New Process" Columbia records. IIRC, that inspired the issue of
> a cheaper "Sample" Columbia...25 cents in the US and 30 up here
> in Canada...?!
>
> Steven C. Barr
I disagree. Remember that the 1906 Marconi VelvetTone dkscs were
laminated, and I think a lot of the single sided black and silver discs
were also laminated as were a lot of the large note double sided discs.
The New Process was the 1923 name used at the introduction of the flag
label including the demo record 1-S.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com