[78-L] Bud Roman..Who he?.. [FWD]

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 21 09:18:08 PDT 2010

I remember seeing many a TOPS recording by Bud Roman and The Toppers.The only thing I can remember is that his group covered the likes of The Four Aces and The Crew Cuts.I had some TOPS
78s once and there were a number of them in the collection.My parents once bought an old Philco ra-
dio/phonograph combination for $10 in 1958 from some friends.They bought it new in late 1945 and
there were a number of other 78 rpm cover labels such as Value.Years later,around 1966,I once saw
a number of other labels-Park and Gilmore were two-that looked like a TOPS record and they even
had the same batch of artists like singer Mimi Martel(her name sounded like someone in an Erle Stanley
Gardner "Perry Mason" novel),band leader Lew Raymond and country/western performer Bob Sandy.
The Values didn't list the name of the artists they recorded.I wound up with the Philco and played it
'til it quit around 1965.