[78-L] Remember record stores, kiddies?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 21 08:45:36 PDT 2010

Took me a while to figure what was on that Columbia display upper left, but it
advertises cast albums..Kiss Me Kate, Peter Pan, Finian's Rainbow, Gentlemen
Prefer Blondes, South Pacific, and two on the right I can't make out.

The Frank Luther player is on the bottom left. And bobby sox girl looks like a
waitress. I'd put this ad at December 1950..note Rudolph above the sales lady
and the snow-covered house (and Chanukah bush) in the Columbia Changer
Attachment ad above Joe College on the right. Note (from the caption) that it's
in a shopping center, not a stand-alone..also that it's a record and camera
store. We had that kind of combination in Toronto in the 50s.

Great "modern" 50s decor in the later photos.

dl