[78-L] "have a crap" records

Ken "Silver Showcase" kenreg at tds.net
Fri Mar 19 18:11:44 PDT 2010

David Lennick wrote:
> Having a monitor speaker in the washroom was another godsend..ask anyone who
> worked for a station that ran live baseball broadcasts. "And it's another 3 up
> 3 down inning for the Expos.."  Zooom!

OMG!  Talk about literally being caught with my pants down!  I made lots
of mad dashes down the hall in a frantic effort to get back to the
control board in time.

But we ran Milwaukee Brewer games and if Bob Eucker is announcing those
short innings he usually tries to stretch it out a bit to give us local
guys time to get back to the board.  The same for pitching changes.  At
least he did it that way when I was running games back in the 80s and
90s.  Sometimes he would even say something like "Let's give the board
operators at our network affiliates time to get back to the control
room, ..." or "Put that pizza down guys because we have a station break
coming up for our local affiliates ..."  That's very considerate and one
of the reasons that I love Eucker.

-- Ken