[78-L] Dalhart with Floyd Collins in two places

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Mar 19 12:29:51 PDT 2010

Cary Ginell wrote:
> Ahh, Jim, this is the tip of the iceberg. I'll defer to Jack Palmer, our resident Dalhart expert. Get ready for your jaw to drop to the floor like a Warner Bros. cartoon character.
>
> Cary Ginell

In those days there were a number of performers who went from studio to
studio to studio recording the same songs for four or five or more
companies--some on the same day-- and some of these companies leased or
released the recordings on three or five labels.  You might find a
performer with the same song on ten labels -- some of which might be
under pseudonyms.  Some performers did have "exclusive contracts" but
sometimes these let performers record on alternate formats, such as
Victor lateral discs and Edison cylinders and vertical discs.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

From: suuford at msn.com