[78-L] Sheepish

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Mar 18 21:07:31 PDT 2010

Dan Van Landingham wrote:
> Your humour reminds me of a guitarist/singer I worked with at General Telephone in Coos Bay.Years before Weird Al

Don't forget that Weird Al is in the mode of those who he has
acknowledged are his inspiration : Stan Freberg, Spike Jones, and
probably also Mickey Katz and Homer & Jethro.

> ,Gary spoofed several songs which included Presley's "Love Me(Treat Me Like a Fool,
> Treat Me Mean and Cruel,Just Whip me)" and my "Won't you Wear My Noose around your Neck".

You have heard Stan's "Heartbreak Hotel" haven't you?

> was waiting for Weird Al to spoof Redbone's "Come and Get Your Love".I retitled it "Come and Get
> Your Lunch".Could Pee Wee Marquette found such humour in such titles?

Not a worthy example.  From what I see, that guy was a mean, vindictive
jerk.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com