[78-L] Davy meets his Alamo again

David London jusmee123 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 18:22:33 PDT 2010

I liked that version, and I like the flip side even better - I think the
title was "Farewell".

This business of the super low note at the end seems to be a trademark of
Bass singers.  Whenever I find an old 78 by a Bass, it often ends with a low
note trying to prove how low they can go.  Kinda funny when they don't quite
make it :)

I remember a clip of Neil Diamond doing Sweet Caroline, and he misses the
low note in the middle - and actually says "I never could make that note" or
something like that.