[78-L] What did I find? (Anti-FDR test pressing, RCA)

Tyrone Settlemier talk78s.settlemier at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 18 06:22:46 PDT 2010

The disc is 12", 78rpm.  there are no prefixes, and no numbers in the wax.

The record is spoken word with two voices.  (an announcer, and "FDR".)  There is no music whatsoever.  There are two sound effects, clapping at the end of the speech, and a toilet flushing as "Roosevelt" dedicates the "privy"

--- On Thu, 3/18/10, Michael Biel wrote:
So does the number, around Aug or Sept.  And at least after the
re-nomination.  You haven't told us what size or speed the disc is, nor
if there are any prefixes or if the number is also in the wax.

>>  He is mocked as
>> dedicating a latrine in Vermont, wants 40 more years of the New Deal, and
>> thinks he should get re-elected to a third term because the office pays
>> better than when Washington and Lincoln rejected running for a third term.
>> Does anyone know who recorded/produced this?   Thanks!  Tyrone
How can we even start if we don't know if it is just spoken word or
music?  One or two voices?  Sound effects?  If music, what sort of
instrumentation?  The number certainly helps but without the other info
we can't figure it out unless Sam Brylawski lucks into the info in the
Victor ledgers.