[78-L] Esquire Jazz Concert, January 16, 1946

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Mar 17 16:27:54 PDT 2010

David Lennick wrote:
> Showed up six hours after I sent it..on both my addresses. Odd.
>
> dl

I assume you mean the email, not the program, because I also just got
that email with a new  message symbol next to it but way ip in the listing.

About the program, I'll check thru several Welles collections I have.
This was during his "jazz hero" phase when he claimed to have discovered
jazz and was the only broadcaster promoting it.  I think it was Kid Ory
who he put on his weekly program.  I have a few of those.

Mike (i thought jelly roll martian invented jazz) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com