[78-L] Getting through?

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Wed Mar 17 15:49:12 PDT 2010

I first heard this standard test on a Fred Allen program.
Maybe 1943 or so.
That night's guest was Orson Welles.
The gag was that before Mr.Welles deigned to enter he sent  an audio expert
to test the studio mikes and acoustics on his behalf..
Nothing but the best for Mr. Welles.
After Fred established the man's reason for being there the expert
began...."One two three WOOF..one two three WOOF."
The audience roared.(In those days all audiences roared)
Corny but I never forgot it.

Al Simmons