[78-L] Auction Sticker Shock

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Mar 17 00:16:37 PDT 2010

Geoffrey Wheeler wrote:

>  What continues to amaze me about the LP auction
> market is that, for the most part, I wouldn’t have bought these LPs
> when they were new and selling for $5.98.

I'm glad you said it first, and not I.  I was going to say that I'm glad
and lucky that (except for the Moondog)  I don't particularly like the
music on any of the LPs in the listings!  Other than the fact that I
used to see Moondog wandering around Manhattan and playing the sidewalk
with drumsticks, the only thing that interested me was the autographed
Ellington discography.  But I'll settle for the scan.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com