[78-L] The Ramblers in Brussels ( 1945 - 1948)

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Mar 16 21:35:30 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Hey, who reads prefaces? And the 1948 version of Delaunay is the only one
> ever encounter. $12 (or probably traded records for it) at the Jazz &
> Blues
> Centre in the mid 70s..those were the days.

And our "bible," "The American Dance Band Discography," sold as a 2-volume
set for $35! In fact, I bought another set at a CAPS meeting about 20 years
ago
for that price; I'm not sure if I still own that copy, but I bought another
set at the
recent Badrock estate auction; IIRC that cost be over $100.

I'm hoping to be able to afford the new edition later this year; I'm just
hoping the
new version includes all the changes I had in my (now lost)
heavily-annotated
copies. I had gazillions of notes in my own copy...and bought another
heavily-
annotated copy from Bill Frase c. 1980 or so. Both are now long gone, thanks
to my landlady's "clean-up drive" (?!?!).

Steven C. Barr