[78-L] Mysterioso world of eBay

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Mar 15 11:21:40 PDT 2010

The thing about eBay is that you can never be sure who is going to be
"dropping by" on any given day or week.  Very few people look at it every
day,  and people's interests and finances vary from week to week as well.

Cary's story of the two copies of the Allen record is not unusual.  Another
thing which often happens:  Something gets listed for $19.95 and gets no
bids.  Two weeks later,  the seller relists it at $9.95 and it sells for
fifty  bucks.

I bet if Cary had listed  both the Allens at a $74.95 "Buy It Now" they
would have sold.  But by the same token...he might have listed a copy two
weeks later or two weeks earlier and seen it sell for $125...or back to
$24.95.

Taylor