[78-L] ^Kenny Hagood [was Pee Wee Marquette]

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Mar 15 11:18:26 PDT 2010

Steven C. Barr wrote:
> [...]

In 1983, the first time I was in Amsterdam, after a long day of
sightseeing, my wife and I found a bench in a public square and sat to
rest.  There was a cylindrical metal construction about 20 feet away.
We thought it was just another advertising billboard pole, I suppose.
After a few minutes a man stepped inside and soon there was a yellow
stream flowing downhill.  I don't think we could stop laughing for ten
minutes.

> The North American equivalent would seem to be finding a large and dense
> tree...and positioning oneself therebehind...?!

Actually, in more recent times in Amsterdam I understand that dense
trees or metal contraptions are no longer necessary.  About 15 years
later we were on a long line outside the Anne Frank House and a guy on a
passing houseboat emptied his bladder over the side to the cheers of
about 100 onlookers.

I love Europe.

> Having served in the USAF in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany, I quickly
> became accustomed to the idea that when one consumes beer, there is an
> inevitable result! In Germany, one simply stepped up to the nearest
> wall...?!
>
> This is technically illegal; however, I have yet to be arrested
> therefor...?!  Steven C. Barr

Considering what goes on in German parks and beaches on sunny days, this
doesn't seem too extreme.

Mike (care for a stroll thru Munich's Englisher Gartens?) Biel
mbiel at mbiel.com