[78-L] Columbia audio quality, was Re: Miles Davis etc [was Thelonious Monk [was Leonard

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 17:25:45 PST 2010

Remember when Westminster had a pop/jazz catalog? Several of those albums
were very well recorded. And I absolutely agree about the Vanguards. As I
remember, they were often cited as the best recorded jazz albums on the
market.

I admit I am a sucker for Radio Recorders from the late '50s. Every session
I've heard recorded there is just beautiful to listen to. Does anyone have
any information about their operation? How many studios? What equipment did
they use? When did they close up operation?

Jeff Sultanof