[78-L] Kenny Hagood [was Pee Wee Marquette]

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Mar 13 01:27:39 PST 2010

Dan Van Landingham wrote:
> Who was Pee Wee Marquette?Kenny "Pancho" Hagood I'm familiar with via his recordings with Miles
> Davis on Capitol.I think he also sang on some sides with Thelonious Monk on Blue Note around 1948.
=======================
Kenny "Pancho" Hagood I'm even more familiar with--I spoke to him in
Paris in 1960. He was depping for an indisposed Stephane Grappelli at
the Chat Qui Peche, I think. He asked me how the performance was, and I
said it was fine. Actually, he started to speak to me in French. As I
recall the band (of four members) outnumbered the audience, but this was
the French holiday season, which I meant I missed hearing Bud Powell
because the Blue Note was shut.

People talk about "15 minutes of fame", mine was barely 15 seconds!

      Julian Vein

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4940 (20100312) __________

http://www.eset.com