[78-L] Album Images Needed (2.1) Decca w. titles

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 12 16:40:15 PST 2010

Re A, DA, Album..(you knew this was coming)..I have 6 copies of OKLAHOMA!
within easy reach. Some have the art on the front only (including a late
pressing), some have it on the front and back. Most have DECCA DA 359 on the
spine, some have DECCA ALBUM 359. Without exception, the bottom right corner of
the cover says DECCA ALBUM NO. 359 (some add 23M PERSONALITY SERIES). Without
exception, every label (Canadian and American) says Album A-359 or Album No.
A-359. And of course they're all in automatic sequence. (I presume Vol. 2 was
only in manual sequence, as are both my copies. Don't know about the Orchestral
Suite with Wallenstein.)

Veering from Decca for a minute..why on earth would MGM issue a soundtrack
album on 45s in Manual Sequence!? (Annie Get Your Gun.) And why would anyone
press a 45 EP set in SLIDE AUTO? (The Barton Brothers "Mr Chairman--Point of
Order" I mentioned the other day.)

dl